Atascocita Presbyterian Church offers several ministries for adults. Please feel free to contact the church office you have any questions about the following information.
Faith Formation (Sunday School) begins at 9:20 am (Summer hours – 10:30 am)
Adult Faith Formation Classes
We Christians never stop growing in faith. One of the best opportunities for growth is to gather at 9:20 a.m. on Sunday mornings to share in faith, theology, and spiritual life. Throughout the year, we offer a variety of faith enhancing classes for adults. Our prayer is that you will find a class that meets your needs.
When do we get the opportunity to discuss our Christian beliefs & experiences with a interested group of adults?
Answer: Adult Faith Formation at APC on Sunday mornings from 9:20 to 10:20.
Adult Faith Formation Class:
We offer two classes for adults during the Faith Formation hour. Shelley Craig’s class meets in room 102 and offers an in depth look at the scriptures used in that Sunday’s sermons. Doug Kennard’s class meets in the Fellowship Hall. He facilitates book discussions on a wide range of religious, theological, and historical topics.
Spiritual Fellowship at APC
Filling out the Time and Talent Survey (click here for PDF: time+and+talent1) will help us find the best fit for your talents and interests. There are many things we do here at the church and out in the community. Many hands, hearts, and minds make every opportunity special, whether it be yard work at the church, helping in the nursery, cooking and delivering a meal to someone in need, or a mission trip outside of our community or country. Let us know how you would like to help.
- Presbyterian Women – PW is an independent organization within the PC(USA) of more than 300,000 women. The programming and resource options for the organization offer a variety of ways for women to live out their faith in an inclusive, caring community. All women are invited to join Presbyterian Women. Contact Claudia Nelson for more information regarding this group.
- Presbyterian Men – Men need to experience the promised reality that to be in Christ is to know that now there is no condemnation (Romans 8:1). The church is in the unique position to assist men in understanding their need to be loved and loving.
- Needlers – Do you knit, crochet or do some other type of needle work? Then this is the group for you! Women, men, young and old are all welcome to join this group as they gather at the home of one of the Needlers to work on mission or personal projects, for example prayer shawls. Contact Rosemary Mumford at [email protected] for more information on location and times.
- Second Wednesday Evening Book Discussion Group – Please visit www.apcbooks.wordpress.com for information on current books up for discussion. Ron Spross facilitates this group and can be reached at [email protected] should you need more information.
- Litugical Arts– This committee incorporates art and the concept of using all five senses to enhance your worship experience. APC was one of 31 churches and organizations that received a Vital Worship Grant from the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship with funds provided by Lilly Endowment, Inc. APC received $8,250 to implement these ideas. The banners you see hanging in the Sanctuary are the work of this committee. If you would like to be a part of this creative team, please contact Nancy Tribolet at [email protected].
- Yoga for Everyone! This class meets all year and is open to all—male, female, member, visitor, young, mature—no matter the skill level. Contact Grayce Choate for more information—[email protected]
- Empty Nesters Meet and Eat Join other adults for dinner and fellowship at local eateries. See Calendar for meet up dates.